Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WOYWW, WOTT, a beloved dog and an announcement


Welcome to What's on Your Workspace Wednesday #112 and What's on Tap Tuesday #16! Yes, my brother's album is still hanging over my head, but, hey, artists are allowed to muse. This is actually the first page I've put together. I'm hoping it will be the start of creative roll because once I get started, I get into it.


So, this page is about my brother's wish for a dog coming true. He was a gorgeous blue-eyed terrier with black, white and gray coloring so he was named Pinto (like the horses). I mentioned before that I bought the DCWV stack called Playtime just because of this sheet of patterned paper that went so well with the photo. I used an embossed frame that came in a pack by K&Co. and American Crafts chipboard letter stickers (both of which you can see on my desk). A Dymo label maker added the rest of the title. Once everything was glued down, I realized that, at first glance, there was no room for journaling and I had used strips of foam tape under all four sides of my framed photo, so I couldn't tuck a journaling card behind the photo either. The layout also looked a little plain so I decided to journal directly on the tree and when I had even more to say, I continued to the bottom of the page. I like the look of the words on the page. Now I feel it is complete and I'm happy with it. Good dog.

(A quick note: the random winner of my mini album on Friday is....... Sharon G! Congrats, Sharon. Check my profile for my email address and drop me the info I need to Pony Express the album to you.... *smile*)

I hope you, dear reader, will be tempted to link in below and show us what's on tap in your neck of the woods. Also, if you're hungering for more, check out Lynn's blog (below) for another installment of her fabulous workspace and then head to Julia's WOYWW post where you can link in with the workspace's of people all over the world.
*smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

9 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

congrats to sharon! great page, cindy--i think the journaling is awesome and the labeling is perfect! have a great week!

Andria said...

What a great page, and what a memorable album it will be. I really like the journaling...makes it so meaningful. Happy WOYWW!

Unknown said...

Love the page Cindy,great job as usual!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh, that's a really lovely homage to a dog that obviously brought great joy. Nicely understated layout, I love the tree and tyre :) xx

nerllybird said...

I thought at first that the journalling was part of the paper design - it works brilliantly!
Helen S

Neil said...

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your desk this week! I'm dashing around this week like the white rabbit; places to go and things to see! Hope you have a lovely week.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

that's a great page!
thanks for sharing! happy WOYWW!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually your desk looks really tidy. I know I'm late, but trying to reach everyone. Seems I can't click on a few names, but at least that's not the case with you and your brother's good dog.

Meg said...

This is just the sweetest layout! I can see how you couldn't resist buying this page. Love the look of the journaling, too!