Monday, February 27, 2012

Put on Your Party Shirt

A cousin's birthday is coming up so I went back to the hanging circle design for his card in order to make it quick. The last time I made one, I used circle punches in two sizes. This time I used Spellbinders Nestabilties instead.

First I found two sizes that I liked and noted how I wanted them placed on the card. I did this so that I'd have enough room for the outer circle when it came time for cutting.


I sent the card with the background paper attached through the Cuttlebug with the smaller circle first. Then I ran it through again with the larger circle so that I'd now have a nice area open for the hanging circle to swing in.


I'm submitting this to Ippity's blog hop today. I stamped the shirt from The Man onto one patterned paper and the sentiment from How You Doin' on another. I noticed that the number 56 was in prime position (my cousin's new age) so I thought that it'd be fun to have an arrow pointing at the number on the card. I combed through my little punches and found a dreidel punch so I used that and just cut off the top to make a simple arrow. The label punch is by Stampin Up. Inside I have another circle where I'll write: "Put on your party shirt."


Thanks for dropping by. I have to start working on a card sample for an upcoming mini Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) over at Splitcoast Stampers so maybe I'll show you that process on my desk for the What's on Your Workspace Wednesday blog hop. (The card I'll have to save til next week, though!)

Til we meet again... *smile*


No comments: