Thursday, February 28, 2013

Catchup on cards and new Paper Smooches

Busy, busy, busy. Aren't we all? But when you have to make a card, you have to make a card. Happened to me twice. Needed one for a friend's daughter's wedding and another for dh's birthday.


First, the wedding card... I have a cute old Quickutz die that cuts that happy couple. I love that I can cut through different papers and then assemble the couple (fine motor skills and tweezers required... Lol.) I put them on that heart frame that was made with another tool that I bought a while back and is fun to use. (Remember it?) The background was the result of using a Stampin Up embossing folder with T!m Holtz' distressable cardstock with the white core. I kept it simple with just a little delicate ribbon. It was almost too simple for me so I stamped Happy Wedding Day inside the card and threw in a few scattered silver adhesive backed dots from the $1 bin at Michaels. Their presence in the card made me smile.


I picked up some other T!m Holtz products recently when Joann's put them on sale and the tree trunk embossing folder was one of them. I paired it again with T!m's distressable cardstock and then sanded it a bit afterward for a little white to peek through. The bird and the branch are from a TH Sizzix die. The sentiment comes from Paper Smooches Birthday Buddies. (I just hand cut the little banner long enough to fold it and pop it up. Love how easy that is.)

By the way, at midnight tonight, Paper Smooches is releasing new stamps with coordinating dies (which I think is the best idea since sliced bread!) In celebration, they are running a blog hop and if you hop along you have tons of chances to win some goodies. Head over to their blog to check out what you need to do and get a little inspiration at the same time!

Thanks for dropping in....



No comments: