Monday, October 31, 2011

Still churning Hope challenges...



Let it be known that a lack of power in my domicile did not keep me from working on these challenges... Lol. If you heard of the sudden winter storm that wreaked havoc on the northeastern United States, yep, we got it here. I really enjoyed watching the blustery blizzard-y weather from my warm home on Saturday. Unfortunately, we woke up cold on Sunday morning due to a power outage that resulted from trees that weren't ready for the weight of snow so they took power lines down with them when they snapped.... everywhere. I told my son it looked like some giant had a temper tantrum and wielded his mace up and down every block of our town. We are in Day 2 of no power and we didn't think fast enough, so we didn't get a hotel room in any nearby hotel. So we sleep under a number of extra comforters and look forward to our hot morning showers thanks to a water heater that runs on gas... hallelujah.

We need Superman (or at least Superboy) to come rescue us. This card is for the challenge to make a masculine card with a little pink in it (HYCCT1103).... my pink is peeking through the center of Saturn... and my little Superboy's bald head. Since I used a My Favorite Things stamp (Super Boy) and weekly sketch (MFTWSC43), I think I'll submit it over there, too.

Thanks for dropping by. I will continue to report from my local library if the power outage continues. In fact, I may have to use a photo of my library carrel for What's on Tap Tuesday tomorrow if things don't change. Life can be quite the adventure!

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

No comments: