Saturday, July 24, 2010

For the Golfer



Well, if I didn't post this card, I'd have no post for today, so I went with it. Talk about plain and simple. But still waters run deep...hee hee (was that an unintended pun?) I mean, first of all, this "plain and simple" card took about two hours to make. It would be nice if all my tools were in one place, but in addition to hunting down certain punches, I computer generated my greeting and the very cool inside accessory. The outside says "This is not just a HAPPY BIRTHDAY card" and on the inside I made a small card that I'll laminate and put in notched cardstock that says that the bearer of the FREE PASS is entitled to a free round of golf with the giver. Our friend will love this as his 50th bday gift. Better than a sweater, huh?

The stamp set is The Back Nine by Stampin Up. I used Staz On Green because I wasn't sure if I was going to want to color it in with markers. I decided to leave it clean. The DP is from a Specialty Cardstock stack by MAMBI (Me and My Big Ideas). Frugal tip #12: Save ribbon when you come across it. I used ribbon that was wrapped around a small 7Gypsies board book when I bought it.

Oh, and don't forget about keeping up with those rewards programs. I love Staples and every once and awhile I'll get a little reward check in the mail. I've decided that when they come I'm going to use them to stock up on the specialty cards and envelopes that they sell. This card base is a cool golden, shimmery paper and it has a matching envelope. Check out their display. They have lots of different sizes and shapes.

Have a great day!

No comments: