Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Conversation and the card that resulted....

Bad Angel: Well, it looks like it's too late to send cards to even the inner circle... let's just watch a movie....

Good Angel: It's not too late. Remember that we have that cool DCWV Four Seasons Stack that has a few glittery holiday papers? Cut those up into 4"x6" panels, add a quick stamped image and sentiment and we can have a few done in no time.

Bad Angel: I don't know....

Good Angel: C'mon... we should at least send to the people who've sent cards to us so far... and then there's the aunts that say how much getting our annual card means to them....

Bad Angel: But I don't know if I'll be happy with a simple card...

Good Angel: You'll get over it....

~~~~

So the paper stack was found. A retired Lizzy Anne stamp set was unearthed because that bird and sentiment were so fitting for the paper. And that silly Santa hat from Paper Smooches Chubby Chum Pals was hauled out yet again because, astoundingly, it seems to magically fit on the head of any image I have.


I stamped the bird, colored his belly with Copics, fussy cut him, stamped the hat, colored it and popped them both up with foam dots. Stamped sentiment directly on the background paper.


Whew, success! Now to make a set of these and come up with an equally quick set with the other holiday sheet from this stack.

I'm hoping to have something new to show on the desk for What's on Tap Tuesday. Drop by if you've got a minute.

Enjoy your pre-holiday time....

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)


6 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

You are a better man than I am! I have a box of FINISHED cards left from my Jingle Belles challenges, and I just put them away. I could write in them and SEND them, but ...

farmhouse-story said...

hehe--love the conversation, cindy--and the pretty card! i've got another guest post on tuesday, so i'll be mia this week, sorry. hope you have a really happy christmas!

Jen M said...

Yay for the good angel! That bird is perfect for the paper!

505whimsygirl said...

I'm so glad the good angel won!! And look at that card?!? How adorable. I have a snow day away from work today so am stopping by my favorite blogs.

Happy Monday!

Kirsty.A said...

Good job! Santa will be watching!

Susanne said...

Way to listen to the good angel. Your card is fab! Someone will certainly be glad you sent it.