Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nothing like a new project before the other is finished...


I totally forgot that ds#2 would need a card for a Sweet Sixteen party tonight. I went into overdrive. Of course, the day was supposed to be spent putting the finishing touches on my very late holiday cards but that's Murphy's Law for you.

I used My Favorite Things latest sketch challenge (MFTWSC51) and some MFT stamps that I always go to for Sweet 16 cards. Cheers for the party girl and Time to Celebrate for the sentiment. I think I colored her dress with 3 different Copics before coming to the conclusion that I wouldn't be matching her dress to the pink cardstock anytime soon. I just squint when I look at it and accept it as it is. Lol. The gorgeous papers are from a K&Co pad called Lotus by Amy Butler. I used a couple of MFT dies: an open scallop border and that cool label.

So, did you ever wonder what a card with 12 layers looks like? Hee hee. I kinda went wild with the matting only because without it, the papers kinda blended into each other. Considering the layers, it isn't that heavy. The bow and pearls would be responsible for the extra postage, I imagine. Good thing ds is hand delivering it!

I hope Murphy's Law isn't catching up with you, too. Enjoy your holidays.

Back to work. *smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)


4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

ONE project at a time? How boring! I always have 2 or 3 things in progress. Keeps me on my toes and my desk A MESS! I love it that way, though!

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty card! I just love all those layers!!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Hello! I'm dropping by to greet you and your loved ones a joyful and blessed Christmas season! Your card is wonderful with all it's layers and the image you picked is really cute. Thanks for sharing your life and projects with us in your blog!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

Lydia Fiedler said...

ZOMG I love this!!! And I'm laughing at the 12 layers - I didn't notice it was that many!!!

What a charming card. Makes me happy we are looking forward to a new year!!