Saturday, October 14, 2017

Tick, tick, tick


Hello!

I've got another easy Adornit project for you today. Who doesn't want a clock that compliments you every time you look at it? Lol. I chose a cute paper with lots of sayings like "Hello Gorgeous" that can't help but brighten your day.

I've outlined what I did below and, you know what? You could use this as a stepping stone for your creativity. You may want to run with it and add lots more embellishments. I say, go for it! (Just steer clear of the moving parts.) I kept mine plain and simple, so that the steps are a breeze to follow.

1. Choose your paper (mine is Adornit's Viva La Glam) and turn it upside down. Place your Adornit wooden shape (with a hole that you previously drilled through the center) on top and lightly trace around the shape with a pencil.

 2. Cut carefully around the traced image.
 3. Mark the hole, then remove the shape and snip through the paper where the hole is marked.
 4. Apply your favorite adhesive to the wooden shape and glue down your paper. (Next time, I'd choose a different adhesive because mine was so tacky, it dried lumpy! Learn from my mistake!)
5. I used a soft brown ink to add a little aging to the edges of the shapes.
 6. Decide on your numbers. They could be the little gold ones included in the clock set or stickers or cut from paper. I cut mine from a sheet of Adornit's Blender Basics paper pack and adhered them to the surface.
 7. I picked up a clock parts set from my local craft store. (Be sure to coordinate the size hole you need for your wooden shape with the size of the clock stem.)
 8. Add your clock parts according to the instructions and add a battery. Voila! Either put it on a wall or, as I did, perch it on an easel.


 I hope you try this out. So fun and so easy. Let me know!


No comments: