Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Halloween card and some frugal brew...



I posted this card on SCS for an Amuse Stamps challenge. I've been fine tuning this template and came up with this Halloween appropriate "What's Brewing?" card. And as much as I love giving frugal crafting advice, I thought I'd change things up a bit with some frugal beverage advice to go along with your crafting. It's my favorite. I've saved my Starbucks cup and lid (frugal, hee hee) and use it to cart my beverage around with me. My iced coffee works out to be only pennies.

Here's Frugal tip #19: Put a heaping tbsp of instant coffee in your tall glass/plastic cup, stir in the tiniest bit of water and your sweetner (artificial or otherwise) just to liquify the coffee. Fill the cup with ice then add milk, stir and enjoy. If you prefer less milk, subsitute water to your liking. I like the full milk version because it tastes like a milkshake. 

You can use the same steps for a delicious hot cafe latte. Dilute the same amount of coffee and sweetner with tiny bit of water as before and add boiling hot milk. Yummy. Hope you try this out sometime. Just think what you can spend your savings on! Lol

No comments: