Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still cranking out the Hope challenges...




A couple of new additions to my Hope challenges (see the sidebar). One called for a pink and brown color scheme and I decided to try out my new Anna Griffin self-inking stamper. I'm telling you, the road to a card is sometimes pretty accidental. I stamped the butterfly once on some kraft cardstock, just to see how it looked and I was blown away! It was so juicy and crisp that I just had to keep doing it over and over, expecting to see differences but I didn't. Well, that piece of kraft became the panel for the card I made. Serendipity, huh?

When I saw a challenge that said it was to be an invite to a girls get together, I remembered two stamps gathering dust in my closet. These cute little girls going shopping and the sentiment "We need girl time." Then I thought, okay, let's make it a trip to Paris to do a little shopping, so I hunted down the paper I'd seen in one of my stacks and that was the start of the second card.

I'm trying to crank these out with the little time I have left, so I'm trying to keep these cards simple. I could probably save a lot of time if I was able to organize my stuff better. I think I spend more time hunting than creating, but, you know what, I think that's actually part of the fun.

Deets can be found in my SCS Gallery.

Have a great day. Come back tomorrow for the Friday Unity Blog Hop!

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

No comments: