Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Taxes-Are-In-The-Mail Day (I hope)

What better way to celebrate Tax Day than with a nice, relaxing blog hop? Click HERE to get to Unity's Friends With Flair. Doing it a little differently this week. I think it's a great change, so enjoy!

For your shopping pleasure, here's your link to the Unity website. Always fun to check out the latest Kit of the Month, as well as all the great companies that co-brand with Unity. And don't forget to check out the sale items. There is literally something for everyone!





My card today: Just like the kid in Sixth Sense, I see "things," too. But I see "cards" in my head. Lol. I sometimes know just what I want to make. I screeched to a halt though when the 12x12 dp that I wanted was all gone except for a variety of scraps I had from the last time I used this particular sheet. So, it was a challenge to maneuver the scraps into the pieces I needed, but I think I was able to produce my "vision" after all. (Remember, the tutorial for this tri-shutter card is up on my left sidebar.) In order to enter it into the current All Things Unity challenge, I decided to decorate the cake with button icing. If you squint, they look like little icing florets, lol. The woman, the cake and "Eat Cake" are from Melody Ross' Domestic Bliss (love this set), "Today is the Day" (I love that it's in script) is from Melody Ross' She Did It Anyway and the "Happy Birthday" is from Party Hat Wishes (an Ippity set). The highlighted words will take to a site where you can purchase each. (I've also entered this card in Simply Scrapping Crafts' color challenge HERE, too.)

Before you ask the question, I don't know what the source of these tiny buttons is, they've been in my stash awhile, but you can bet I'm going to be on the hunt for more soon. Also wanted to let you know that I came across these unbelievable Micro Gluedots on www.Joann.com and snapped them up.


That's it for today. If you come back tomorrow, you'll see the cute mini-book I made that features a paper pieced Ippity stamp.

Smile... 365 days til the next Tax Day!

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Card~

Ashley Newell said...

Super cute! I love it!

chickadee3357 said...

Cute mega fold card! Love that paper!

Purple Princess said...

Super fun card! Thanks for the info on the micro dots!!!

sharon g said...

What a fabulous card! I have never used fabulous in a sentence before, so that means I really love it! As for taxes, let's hope that our next set of rulers aren't as tax happy!!!!

Carol said...

Can't believe I am first to comment, that never happens!

Gorgeous project! Love your work!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Anne Tussing said...

Wow! I love this card!! The stamps, the papers, the adorable baby button icing on the cake. You rocked it!!

Katrina Hunt said...

Love this and all the paper!!!!! You rock these cards!! hugs, Katrina

Linda said...

What a great layout awsome cake Lol

Beejay said...

Your card is a show stopper! Gorgeous! Really!

jennifer mitten said...

Cute card but you have until the 18th for taxes this year:-)

Gwen said...

Wow, I just love these magnificent cards you make! Love it!

Kim Cook said...

Cute details on the cake. Very cute.

StampinCathy said...

This is one amazing and inspiring card. Love this set and style of card.

Katy said...

Your card is amazing! I love it. I need to try out your tutorial. And I love the idea of those micro glue dots -- even smaller then the mini (which are never quite small enough). I am going to be on the lookout for those! Thanks for the inspiration.

Victoria said...

Absolutely utterly gorgeous!!! Love the colours and the style! The pictures in your head of your cards are something special!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Cindy! I love the way you used speech bubbles for the sentiments.

farmhouse-story said...

the button icing is so cute and clever-love it:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OK---it's official! You have knocked my socks off, my shoes off, and I've been blown out of my CHAIR! I LOOOOOOOOVE your style and these tri-fold cards! LOVE that button cake! SO FUN! Great job with the birthday theme--great use of all these stamps! FAB FAB FAB! Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at ATU!!!

Sara Henton said...

Ok that's it I bow down to the tri-fold button using woman!! I will come to you for all trifold questions/need :D