Monday, October 3, 2011

Hope You Can Cling To Challenge starts now


Hello all! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and the folks over at Splitcoast Stampers (SCS) run a month long event called Hope You Can Cling To. Its goal is to create cards for breast cancer patients at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. SCS will post a new card challenge daily and you link in your cards in their forums as you make them. (I should say that although there will be one new challenge per day, the first day started with 3 challenges... just so we can rev our engines!) At the end of the month there will be prizes for each challenge, but the real prize comes in knowing that you've brightened someone's day. For more info, check this LINK and consider playing along with us.

One of the first challenges was to create a card with a pink critter (animal, fish, insect, etc.) on it. I'm surprising one of the SCS administrators, Lydia of Understand Blue, by using a stamp that she created in the image of one of her kitties, Maddy. Maddy has been colored pink and set against some Pink Paislee patterned paper that was left over when I created the card showing on my previous blog post. The adorable birdies and banner are from Lawn Fawn's Bannerific set and I hand stamped the sentiment with their Harold's ABCs set, too. The gold letters are from a clock-making set I found at Michaels. I just love how they shine.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have lots of cards to post this month as I play along with these challenges so do drop in again. Also, tomorrow is my weekly What's on Tap Tuesday where I share my mess of a desk and encourage you to share yours! *smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)   

4 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

HAHHA - that is AWESOME!! I have never seen her pink before and she's ADORABLE!!!

She's happy to be part of such a good cause!!!

*purr*

Beautiful card!! Thank you for participating and sharing!

farmhouse-story said...

pretty papers on this cute card, cindy!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

OMG, MADDIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has Lydia seen it yet? I LOOOOVE this card!

karen said...

Oh, how sweet! I love the little kitty and it really fits in so well on this pretty card!
I wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway and it is open til the end of today - draw is Oct 5th. Hope you have time to enter! I was trying to make sure I let all the WOYWWers from this week know!
xoxo Karen