Tuesday, October 25, 2011

WOTT and a pretty card that will always be associated with....


... my physical condition at the time.... Let me explain.

I've become obsessed with tennis. I stopped playing a few years ago and I was just getting back to it and just loving it. Then, yesterday, someone hit a ball hard straight at me so I must have instinctively moved backward to protect myself but I stumbled and fell. I knew right away something was wrong with my right ankle but stood up and seemed to shake it off okay. Not okay. A couple of hours later, it was hard to walk on. I iced it all afternoon. I figured I'd just be limping til it got better so I went about making a card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge #10 (pink and ribbon and friendship). By the time I was finished with the card, I realized that I couldn't put any weight on the right foot. I photographed the card and then hobbled upstairs to bed. Needless to say, it was an excruciating night. Not any better this morning, but we artists are creative so I tried hopping on one foot to get around (that's hard) and then realized that if I could get to the end of the hall, I could retrieve my rolling desk chair and at least use it like a wheel chair upstairs. So, my friends, I crawled down the hall (nothing wrong with my knees.) Finally getting to the desk chair was like getting to an oasis in the middle of a desert. Ahhh. I was now able to upload my photo and do this blog post as I wait for dh to make the appropriate doctor's appointment. I realize now how much we take for granted when all our limbs are working. I'm used to dashing around, so this is an eye-opener.

But I'm happy to be able to post my card. It uses The Girls Paperie kit that's been featured on some of my recent cards, My Favorite Things (MFT) stamps and MFT's latest sketch, with a little adjustment in the sentiment location. I wasn't sure if the SCS challenge called for pink and a ribbon or a pink ribbon, so I added one to this girl's dress.


Too bad this pretty card will always remind me of a bum ankle.

Wish me luck later. I'm really hoping its only a torn ligament or something. Hopefully not a break. Dh said to expect crutches. I may just have to send for my mom. *grin*

If you'd like to cheer up  homebound-me, link into this week's What's on Tap Tuesday (WOTT) below.

Count your blessings! I'll be doing that from now on....

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

6 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

oh, goodness, cindy--hope you are back to normal soon and out of pain! darling card today, --i'll get my post tomorrow--had a gd thing today:)

Kirsty.A said...

Hope it's nothing serious

NoraAnne said...

Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about your ankle :( Hopefully it is nothing too serious.
On another note, your card is absolutely beautiful!

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

I'm so sorry, but your dedication to your craft is amazing. You CRAWLED DOWN THE HALL just to post your card for us. Whoa. You rock! And you definitely have your priorities in the right place! HA! (not)

Please report back on your ankle's prognosis, and I hope it's not too bad!

Polly Polkadot said...

That was a fantastic description, I was there with you, cheering you on as you crawled up the hall.
Nice card, especially like the breast cancer ribbon - attention to detail!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just lost my entire comment---so sorry if this is a repeat! LOOOOOVE this card--great layers and papers...love your border around the focal panel! LOVE that littttttle ribbon! FAB job:)

So sorry you hurt your ankle! Hope you are feeling better!!! <3