Saturday, January 28, 2012

A teenager, a baby and a valentine....

Wow, that sounds dire, doesn't it? Yikes, I didn't mean it to! Lol. They're just the themes of the three cards I recently made.

Ds #2 had a Sweet 16 party to go to and I had to dash out a quick card. I tweaked the tutorial in my sidebar and came up with a quicker version by simply using a pretty background paper as the card base instead of as the matting. Used the party girl from My Favorite Things' Cheers stamp set and their doily die along with Paper Smooches Alphadot set for my custom sentiment.


We have a bris to go to tomorrow (it's always short notice because the ceremony is 8 days after the baby is born...), so I whipped up another tri-shutter card. This time I followed the regular directions because I wanted a sturdier card base and a little more pizzazz. I like how the patterned paper looks chopped up like that. The baby image is from a retired Stampin Up set called Very Punny. I masked off the sentiment on the stamp and made my own with Lawn Fawn's Sophie's Sentiments. Don't you just love that Fleur de Lis Rectangle die? It's one of Spellbinders' Nestabilities.


Lastly, I'm still cranking out valentine cards for this drive and I came up with this one when I got the February Paper Smooches sets in the mail the other day. (I signed up for their year long membership: 3 new sets each month.) The image I used was meant more for an Spring theme but a silly Valentine sentiment just popped into my warped mind so I had to go with it! Lol.



Crafty tip #63 (or so): Scrap paper can work well as a mat, so sometimes save your good paper! This was the mat for the gingham paper on the front of my card.


Thanks for dropping by.... Now to get psyched to do an entire sketchbook project in 3 days.... wish me luck. *smile*

4 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

1. I WILL make one of these cards. I like the short-cut version of just using pretty paper as the card base. Step 2 will be with the mats.

2. LOVE the Lion card. (Orange or red?) :)

3. Dude, I totally learned that trick when I first started stamping. Some people actually punch out the centers to make the layers lighter. I still check my punched pieces to see if they'll work for layers.

4. Sketchbook in three days? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - love the lion card. It is so cute and the sentiment is even more so!
Celestial Things

farmhouse-story said...

these are lovely, cindy! esp. love the cute baby card:)

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, that PS card is the cutest and hilarious! The others are fun, too. Great post!