Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WOYWW and New Digs


It's WOYWW (What's on Your Workspace Weds) time again and when I look at the state of this desk, I ask myself:

Should I put away the supplies that I used for the last card (left)?
Should I start on the Sketchbook Project that is due at the end of the month (near left)?
Should I get going on ds' Tim Holtz-inspired birthday card (center)?
Should I work on sis' birthday card?
The last one won out because I couldn't wait to get into my new stash of Paper Smooches (PS) goodies. (I've come to love these stamps so much, I signed up for the monthly sets... *smile*)

Backstory on the card.... Unlike my ds' card, which will have his age displayed in front, my sis' card doesn't require that anymore. In fact, unless it's a major milestone, who wants their age on the front of the card? But, she did just move into a house, so I thought it would be fun to wish her well on the first birthday that she is celebrating in the new place. Hence the sentiment.


I can hardly contain myself about the furniture stamp set. It's called Vogue Abode and it's 60's funkadelic. I feel like I'm playing with a virtual doll house. Think of the possibilities! (I made pleats on the lampshade with a little bar stamp in the set.)

The "happy birthday" and the little hamster cutie are from Party Posse. (I put a little rose in his hands.... eek!) The other individual letters came from Alphadot set. So easy to create your own sentiment in PS' classic font with this alpha set. (I even used a chain graphic from this set to make the pull chain on the lamp.) Three sets that worked great together!

Thanks for visiting. I hope you're having a good day and that maybe this little scene gave you a smile. (Especially my crooked little framed painting on the wall. Lol.)

Check back soon because my next post will be ds' birthday card (since his day falls on Sunday.)

Oh, and for more inspiration, hop over to Julia's WOYWW blog. People from all over the world post their crafty workspaces there.

*smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)
@scrapcollectr on Twitter

8 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

very cute and clever, cindy! she'll love it:)

l00pyscraftcreations said...

I'm seeing how many I can get round this way.then when I have finished I'll come back again, that is if I can STOP reading all the posts first Happy WOYWW

LOu P

Oh just go for it!! love the cards, and yummy newness

Leslie Hanna said...

I <3 your desk! And I <3 Paper Smooches, but I wouldn't use 100% of their sets, so I buy selectively. :)

Joanne said...

Loved the peep and love your stamps and card.
Hugs Joanne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's been fun checking out your work space and your virtual doll house this week. This card is soooooooooooo cute. I'm thrilled to be back online and look forward to many more visits.

Happy belated WOYWW (#3).

Anonymous said...

Smart stuff, I expect reading more.

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the new stamps, totally adorable,,your sis will love thecrd. Your deskis wonderful..I like the heart shaped bling, it took me a moment to work out yourcutlebug was on the floor, and I hope you've started work on the other stuff by now, cos gal, you are busy!!

bohemiannie! art said...

Adorable. You were right to follow your heart in choosing which project!