Monday, March 5, 2012

Whale Wishes

On March 1st, I went a little crazy. Ordering stamp sets, that is. With all the Paper Smooches goodness that just came out, I wanted it all! I refrained from getting it all, but then some of the sets I decided on just begged to be paired with some older sets that I didn't yet have. So when my order arrived (in record time, I might add), I knew what I wanted to do for the latest SPARKS challenge.




Timber is a background stamp for a wood grain look but I used it to create my ocean. (When you read the descriptions of each stamp, Kim gives suggestions for how to use the stamp and this was one of them.) I stamped it over some cool blue patterned paper and trimmed it. A second lighter blue striped paper was used for my sky. I used Surf and Turf for the whale and fishies. I stamped the whale once on the background paper and again on gray paper. By slitting one of the ocean waves, I was able to place my trimmed whale above and below the water level. I combined sentiments from Party Posse and stamped them individually in my He Said, She Said word bubble. Finally, a little glitter on the whale helped him stand out.

Hope this inspires you today.... Thanks for visiting!

*smile*


2 comments:

Marie said...

Great card! I love the gold glitter you added to the whale =) Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOO cute! I LOVE that water and that glitter on the whale;) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)