Monday, May 21, 2012

Prom that-a-way...


Hi! Sorry for the long hiatus, but the end of the school year brings lots of events that take me away from the crafty desk.

In this case, the event required a card.

Long ago and far away, when I went to prom, it involved a dinner before, the prom itself and then straight home.

Now, it involves a pre-pre prom get together with a small group of friends to take a few pictures, then a pre-prom get together with the entire class (at one classmate's house) so that all the parents can take pictures galore, then there's the prom in the school cafeteria, then there's a post prom party (at some saint-of-a-parent's house), then back to the very first location for the post-post get together. Because of the lateness of the hour, kids who drive can't be on the roads so they stay overnight and the hosting parents get to stay up all night with them. Saints, I tell you.

Well, this card is a thank you to that hosting family because they came up with the idea of renting a bus to take the small group of kids to their various venues all night. Saves everyone the dropping off and picking up all night. We all chipped in but I had to thank them for the idea, the execution and their hospitality.

I had a My Mind's Eye glitter stack in my stash called Academy. All school-related papers. One perfect sheet of glittery school buses going to and fro. The stamped image from Unity's A Little Destination set seemed a perfect compliment and the Spellbinders oval dies set it off nicely. A little contrasting ribbon and done. After I took the picture, I wrote in the name of the pre-prom host family's name in the larger rectangular sign so that it was customized to our experience that night.

So much story. Hope you stayed to read it all. Lol.

Tomorrow, I'll have a card for a Sweet Sixteen celebration that uses the latest sketch over at My Favorite Things.

Hope to see you back here.

Now to sort through all the prom pictures.... no mean feat... Lol.

2 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

What a super personal card for the hosting family, soon to be sainted, I'm sure! The bus rental was a fantastic idea, and I'm sure the kids appreciated their ride waiting for them at each stop! :)

Queen Lightwell said...

Yah, my prom wasn't nearly so complicated, either! Wow! And I think the sainted parents must have been really pleased with the time and thought and execution of your lovely card. All your papers and colors coordinate so well! :)