Friday, June 25, 2010

Candles, Cookbooks and a Cookin' card

Sorry for the lapse. Life got in the way. Anyway, I was going to relate some frugal stories. The other day, I was killing time while ds#2 was in a sports clinic, so I did a little grocery shopping. You know by now that I'm a frugal shopper in all arenas so I checked out the clearance section and found some jarred candles on sale for $2.99 each. The cashier even remarked on how good a deal they were. I didn't find out until I got in my car that they had been marked down to 75 cents each! I use them for my fireplace so I usually recycle the tops but I found a use for them if you have room on your desk. Frugal tip #8: Candle jar tops can hold all types of little items. Use your imagination!

Frugal tip # 9: Check out the books on sale at your local library. I paid $1 each for these two cookbooks and I plan on using the book pages on cards like this sample. I used my With a Cherry on Top kit for the paper and frills and Stampin Up! sets Tote-ally Tess and ABC Images for the images. I don't know about you, but I'm seriously craving a cupcake right now. Lol


No comments: