Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Inaugural Post



I'm moving into the public domain. Although I've had a private family blog for a year or so, I've wanted to jump into the public blog pool for so long, it took a momentous event to push me in. I've been published! Actually, not the first time, but this time has made me want to share my projects with you. I'm a scrapper (scrapbooking for those unused to the lingo) and a stamper and a serious collector of all things relating to those two hobbies. The name of my blog comes from my shopaholic tendencies toward those orphaned products in the clearance or "dollar" sections of craft and office supply stores, et al. "Frugal" because I hate paying retail (this is not to say I won't occasionally--I am human, after all.) But I love those 40% off and other coupons and just great deals in general. So "frugalista" is borrowed from the word "barista" which is such a cool way to refer to someone who makes coffee. Lol. Anyway, what I hope to do with this blog is share with you the projects, cards, pages, etc. that I often create using these lower priced products. In that way, I'm alerting you to my finds (which could enable you to find them also) or just taking you out of the box with me.

Back to the impetus for creating this blog. I'm including the pictures of the two cards that were just printed by Stampington & Co. in the latest issue of Take Ten magazine (pages 89 & 109). I'm still floating. It must be close to the feeling an actor has when he/she hears applause. So cool. I hope to have more news of published cards in the future. We'll just have to see. 'Til then, check out the blog from time to time. I'll try to make it fun!

Cindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! Can't wait to see what's to come! Also, I went to B&N again today and the Take Ten still isn't in :-( I'll try again next week!

Congrats on the blog!!!!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

great cards! congrats on being published! that's awesome. thanks for stopping by my blog, i'm happy i could give you some inspiration. have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)