Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Birthday Card and Sketchbook pages 27 & 28

I read somewhere that Cameron Diaz wears an outfit over and over and then gets rid of it... moves on. I guess that's sort of what happens to me with card techniques. I'm currently "wearing" a lot of bendy foldy and easel cards. But I don't have to make room for them in a closet, so although I'll eventually move on to other types, I don't exactly have to get rid of them!

Here's an easel birthday card that was inspired by a My Favorite Things (MFT) sketch challenge. It's for ds#1's lovely girlfriend. She's turning the ripe old age of 20! (Ah, to be 20 again...) I used several MFT stamp sets. I'm loving those number candles and the new Dainty Lace Doily die by MFT. Isn't it delicate?


Supplies:
MFT stamps: Girl (Time to Celebrate), candles (Who's That Birthday Girl?), sentiment (Birthday Girl)
Paper: DP (Creative Memories), chocolate chip c/s (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Copic markers
Other: Dainty Lace Doily die and ribbon (MFT), Stickles and foam squares (Ranger), Gluedots, alpha beads

And here are the next two pages of my ongoing story for the Art House Coop Sketchbook project.



Only 14 more pages to go.... TFL!

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

No comments: