Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl & Sketchbook pages 39 & 40


We've been getting together with 3 other families for Superbowl parties since all our youngest children were in elementary school. I figure that's been about 8 years or so. The first time, I made the 10x10 chart that we used to see who'd win prizes based on the score at the end of the first quarter, halftime, 3rd quarter and final. Of course, I pulled out all the stops. I used all my scrapbooking stash and everyone loved it.

So that became my job: bring the chart each year. And I take a picture of it each year but it never gets on a layout or explained somewhere for the future. So, this year's version is here for good measure. Usually, everyone puts their initials in several boxes then we randomly select the numbers that go in the boxes alongside and above the grid. Last year, bored with the same ol' process, I printed out pics of everyone, circle punched them and ran them through my Xyron so that people could stick their picture in the boxes they chose. This year, I decided not to re-invent the wheel so I'm using the same chart with the pictures already on them and just added new titles. We'll choose the numbers randomly again and it's still fair because no one knows what combinations they are getting. Saved me a little work. Oh, and, of course, I worked on it in the eleventh hour. It was finished just an hour or so before we had to leave for the party. Lol.

Sorry about the present tense confusion. I'm writing this before we go to the party. By the time you read this, there will be a new Superbowl champion and I'll have plenty of time to think of how to change this up next time.... *smile*

Here are the next two pages of the sketchbook. Just one more day til the finale. Thanks for dropping by!



Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Cindy, great idea - I may have to borrow that for our annual Eurovision song contest party! Still loving the journal..these two are making me larf!