Tuesday, September 13, 2011

WOYWW#119, WOTTT#23 and Fair Barbie found

Welcome, welcome. Wednesday means sharing the madness that goes on on some people's desks. Mine, for instance. I wish it could be tidy like that of other friends, but that's not how I'm wired. Lol.

Last week, I told you that I found a Barbie shoe, so I didn't have to search long for the owner. I had a feeling of where she was vacationing.


Funny thing is .... when I found her she was shoe-less! So now there's another shoe missing. (Shhh! I just paused to listen to a squirrel scurrying through my walls. Dh is responsible for getting the man that's supposed to close the holes in the dormers where this little stinker is entering, but I just may have to take matters in my own hands. I get no rent from the squirrel, after all.)

Anyway, back to Barbie. I'm using her image in the Day 8 list that I'm working on. (In previous posts, I've shared some of the lists I've illustrated for a 30 Days of Lists class I'm in.) In fact, most of the detritus centered on my desk are objects that I'm inspired to use on the two page spread. If you don't see the finished page down below, I'll add it later today but for now this post will contribute to What's on Your Workspace Wednesday hosted by the lovely Julia.


Have a great day and if you're so inclined, link in a blog post about where your creative madness genius takes place. *smile*

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

18 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Peace patches - OMgee I'm in a time warp!! ANd is that really a full can of teal paint? You are busy gal - you probably need to make a list!

farmhouse-story said...

my barbie stayed barefoot--i could never keep them on her feet! i see some goodies on your desk today! have a great week, cindy:)

Auntie Em said...

Your lists are awesome!!! And your desk is sooo interesting. Shoeless Barbies are just a fact of life when you have little girls in your home...usually they are also naked but I don't have enough patience anymore to shove those little hands with the thumbs through those narrow sleeves. It takes all I can do some days to get a three year old dressed...let alone her dollies. :D
Thanks for sharing your desk and fun ideas! :)

Sarah said...

always loving the creative energy on your desk and flurry of yummy papers!
Thanks for sharing today! Sarah (at 2)

Sandy said...

Oh wonderful creative chaos.
Very cool things on your desk.
Happy WOYWW. Sandy #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your post made me laugh - I've never thought about squirrels getting into house walls before, but there's a first time for everything! Hope you get the critter out before he does too much damage. Am intrigued as to what you're going to do with Barbie though..!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work desk, I love the Peace embellishment, very bright! Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #51

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Very volorful desk today. :) And Barby looks happy you found her shoe. :)

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

I am liking the stocking paper at the top right of your desk :)

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing pile of different stuff all on your desk at the same time! I wonder what you're going to make with Christmas paper, Halloween stickers and hippy chic buses!!

Hugs
Brenda 88

Bubbles said...

I want your workspace!!! *lol*
It's great - so many fantastic items... bet you have the best time rummaging around and working there :)

Love the christmas stocking paper - and the notelets on the left - beautiful colours!
Have a wonderful WOYWW!

Bubbles
aka Sheleen at PatchworkApples

Sunshine Girl said...

Lovely busy desk there - I have those noteworthy journal cards too.

Susanne said...

Oh, she looks happy to have been barefoot. I wonder if we would scrap better that way - what do you think?

JoZart Designs said...

Well isn't that just what happens... hope you find the other Barbie shoe. I had a good look on your desk and it ain't there! So that saved you a bit of time. Great mess though to spy on.
joZarty x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a mess on your desk. That open can of teal paint scares me. I hope you know where the lid is! I HAVE been enjoying the lists from yesterday's post. Very nice.

Elizabeth said...

Just a quick visit this week due to illness but hope to do better next week ... thanks for sharing your desk, and your Barbie, looking very much like Pamela Anderson. I hope you have a great weekend. Elizabeth x #121

okienurse said...

Sorry I am so late getting by this week but I wanted to pop by and visit your blog to say hello and to see what you are up to! Didn't have the time to post(except about newest Doswell addition) or craft the past two weeks due to being in Virginia visiting with the son's family to see the newest granddaughter born. Definitely a fun time none the less. Hope you have a great week. Vickie aka okienurse

Tertia said...

So many inspirational goodies on your desk>
Happy very belated WOYWW