Sunday, November 20, 2011

Another Thanksgiving card and other things


I made one more version of the Thanksgiving card I showed you a few days ago. This one I mailed off to my folks. The sentiment is from a Unity Store kit called The Right Words. From now through Weds, Unity is running a pre-Black Friday sale: 45% off all stamps and $2.95 shipping.

They really are the right words for this holiday. We usually have visitors for Thanksgiving but this year its just my immediate family and my in-laws. My mother-in-law makes the best apple pudding casserole and sweet potato casserole and, at 87 years old, I'm lucky that she still whips them up for us! Still, I wish my mom was by my side in the kitchen on Thanksgiving morning because I turn into a little girl and have her prepare my turkey for me and she makes her killer mashed potatoes. Lol. Its just a kind of Hannah and Her Sisters experience that I love. (Have you seen that movie? It has a great scene where there's all kinds of family camaraderie in the kitchen on Thanksgiving.) I'm working on her for next year. She and my dad just have to come! *smile*

Yesterday, a friend and I went to see Breaking Dawn, Part I. We went to one of those dine-in theaters and I should have been more surprised that we scored reserved tickets so easily because we were placed in the second row! We spent the whole movie leaning as far back in our chairs as we could to look up a screen that felt inches away... Lol. Still being that close to Edward's face wasn't all bad. *smile* I found a set of these dessert plates back during the Eclipse marketing campaign. I think I'll put a trimmed-down version of this one in a Smash book with my movie ticket, to document this Twilight era we are going through. I have 4 of Jacob and 3 more of Edward if anyone wants one.... (Seriously, I'm not using them and I don't need 7 more plates...)


Lastly, since he didn't sweep me off to Rio (see my post on Thursday), I guess I'll just turn back into Cinderella and get to pre-Thanksgiving-matters-at-hand. Like taking all this stuff that came out of my satellite studio and putting it all back where it belongs. I'll look on the bright side, it'll be a little like shopping my stash... *smile*


I hope to be back with more posts before Thanksgiving but if I'm not, or you're not, have a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you celebrate) and have some pie for me...

Cindy (aka Scrapcollectr)

8 comments:

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Shopping your stash - HAHA! I love the whole re-discovery process. Never a dull moment!

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, that plate cracks me up! I can't wait to see the movie... probably on DVD :P but I seriously love the whole series. Your card is beautiful and, wow, that is a lot of shopping!!

505whimsygirl said...

What a great card. Thanks for sharing the Unity stamp sale..... I know I shouldn't, but maybe I'll find just one stamp set that speaks to me (haaa, really? just one?).

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

My grand-father knew I might enjoy this website. It was wholly right. This post essentially made my day. You can't visualize simply how a large amount time I had used up for this info ! Thank you!

As a final note , allow me thank you for your patience with my English as (I'm certain you have figured this at this moment ,), English is not my original tongue thus I am using Google Translate to shape out what to put in writing what I sincerely mean to articulate.

Anonymous said...

Super cute!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous card--love the papers and that sentiment! FAB:) LOVE that you are looking on the bright side--shopping your stash:)

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG you MUST share the recipe for apple pudding casserole!

And can I interest you in a little Harry Potter? :D

farmhouse-story said...

one beautiful card, cindy!