Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fathers' Day around the corner....


I read somewhere that a deadline is the greatest form of inspiration. Lol. That was true today. I had to get a card made to mail to my dad (Priority Mail, at this point) and I only had a couple of hours so I perused my stash of Paper Smooches stamps and found three sets that had all the right ingredients for a cute card. Zoo Crew had the giraffe and part of the sentiment, Whimsical had the tree branch, leaves, bird and clouds... and Word Up had the word "Dad" in that cool script font. Already lying on my desk was a scrap of blue paper and that branch that was originally intended for another card. I stamped and colored the other images with the exception of the leaves. I like how they came out when I used the same grass paper that is on the bottom of the card.

I think Dad will get a good guffaw out of this.

Thanks for coming by. Next, I have to make another Fathers' Day card for my father-in-law. Here we go again!

*smile*

1 comment:

Leslie Hanna said...

I LOVE how you've combined these sets! Great card, and great use of "it was laying around". I don't have a clue how neat people ever make anything.