Monday, June 11, 2012

Special to be a Dad

On Mondays, I like to come up with an Ippity card so that I can submit it to the weekly blog hop. Seeing that Fathers Day is around the corner, I gotta get crackin' on a couple of cards. I've been wanting to use the Ippity set called The Man for awhile. I love the buttoned down shirt and tie. I remembered a few cool Dad sayings on Unity's retired Feb 2010 Kit of the Month (Nothing but Blue Skies) so that worked, too. I turned to Operation Write Home's sketch library again and found Sketch #19 to be the right fit. What paper to use was the issue. I decided to use a boyish set of papers by K & Co. called Rough and Tumble. All the cute boy sayings and sports motifs went well with my sentiment (plus I was able to get golf and lacrosse images in there... sports that my boys play.)

Wanna hear about a little serendipity? I marvel sometimes at how things work out. I wanted a manly way to present the sentiment so I came up with using an I.D. tag punch. Then I thought it would be cool to add the little ball chain do-hickey so I dug through my stash and found one. But then I noticed in my tools, a little EK Success lady bug scoring tool that had a cute little ball and chain with a charm on it that says "Score".

Okay. How could I not use that on the card? I only have all those sports references on the paper! Isn't that cool?

This card will be for hubby. I have a card still to make for my dad, so check back in. I have to get it done soon because it has to be mailed and received by Sunday. Yikes.

Later,

No comments: