Saturday, June 30, 2012

Small Things....

Splitcoast has a challenge going on to use scraps to make a card. It just so happens that I recently decided to take out a bag of scraps I had collected from a lovely pad by K&Co. called Olivia Rose. Here is the pad:


Notice the inset of images on the cover. Those represent cutouts found within that complement the papers. I figured that I could take scraps like these...


.... combine them with some cutouts and whip out an easy card.


So, some scraps and a couple of cutouts made up the base of my card. The sentiment comes from Unity's April 2011 retired Kit of the Month called, what else? Small Things Matter Most. I stamped it on another scrap, used my Decorative Label punch (Stampin Up), inked the edges, found a scrap of white seam binding and stapled it to the label. Added a bling heart and a couple of little crystals in the corner and I now have a cute baby card to send to my cousin's daughter.

Thanks for dropping in. Always more to come.... *smile*

1 comment:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Cindy,

I love this card!! I hope you don't mind -- I pinned it for future inspiration.

We are having a heat wave here so I'm sitting in the local Starbucks (air conditioning) catching up on my favorite blogs.

Love your craftiness!

Hugs,
Kay