Friday, June 8, 2012

A summer birthday....

My nephew is turning 17 in a few days and since I tend to make frilly-glittery-usually-floral-sometimes-pink cards, I had to pause to think of a masculine and not kid-like approach to his card. I recently received a school related stamp set from Paper Smooches (PS) called Smarty Pants. Since my nephew lives in the south, he's out of school before his birthday rolls around so I thought I'd use the stamp set on the front of the card with the caption "School is Out" and on the inside, I'd have a birthday cake with the caption "Birthday is In!"

So here's the front. I loosely used Sketch #51 from Operation Write Home's sketch library and a great glittery school patterned paper from My Mind's Eye Academy stack. I stamped the caption with PS's Alphadot set.


Here's the inside. Simple. I stamped the wedding cake from PS's Hubby and Wifey set and made it a simple birthday cake. The acrylic numbers from KI Memories act as candles and the caption was partly from PS's Sentiment Sampler and Alphadot. A little Creamy Caramel ink (Stampin Up) on the edges and done.


Thanks for coming by. Next up, I have to work on a baby card for my neighbor's baby naming on Saturday. I've got a cute idea germinating so stop by soon and see how it came out!

*smile*

2 comments:

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Cindy, This is a great card for a young man. I love the acrylic numbers you've added as well as how you colored it.
:) Chris / CS Designs

Emily Leiphart said...

I love this, Cindy! Your masking is fantastic.