Friday, June 8, 2012

Hello Baby


Like I said, we have a baby naming to go to tomorrow so today was the day to get the card done. Luckily, I made a baby album as a gift awhile ago so there was no mad dash to get that done, thank goodness!

I recently got two stamp sets from Paper Smooches (PS) that are perfect for the job at hand. One is Pip Squeaks and the other is Word Up. I stamped the baby, bear and clothespins on white cardstock and colored them in with Copic markers. (Fussy cutting those clothespins was a challenge... good thing I had Micro dots for gluing them in place.) I even stamped a clothespin on top of the baby's head to look like a lock of hair peeking out of the bow. Lol. The clothes and sentiment were stamped on an old scrap of Basic Grey paper. I love that it was a collage of pinks. The grass is from a Photo Stack set by DCWV. I just snipped it up to look more like grass on the card.

The patterned paper background is one of my favorites from a Designer Series set by Stampin Up called Domestic Goddess. (It's still available HERE as a digital download.) How cool is it that I could start my card with a base that already had a clothesline with clothes on it? The sun in the corner is from one of the other sheets in the set and it is a throwback to the days that my sister and I used to draw little outdoor scenes and always had a sun peeking out of the corner. *smile* I think this qualifies for the latest PS Sparks Challenge to use patterned paper on a project.

Thanks for dropping in. I have a silly card idea tickling my brain so I have to make it soon. Check back sometime to see.... In the meantime, have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, you are so clever, Cindy! This is the cutest little scene. Fabulous colours and use of patterned paper!

kasia c. said...

Too cute! This scene is wonderful. :)
Thanks for playing along with the Paper SMooches Sparks challenge!